DAR ES SALAAM STOCK EXCHANGE PLC
NOTICE OF THE 6TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 6th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Shareholders of the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE PLC) will be held on Friday 25th June 2021 on a hybrid of both physical attendance at the DSE Offices, 3rd Floor, Kambarage House, Ufukoni Street, Dar-es-Salaam and online through Zoom Video Conferencing at 9.30 a.m.
The Agenda for the meeting will be:
- Adoption of the Agenda;
- Confirmation of the Minutes of the 5th Annual General Meeting of the DSE PLC;
- Matters Arising from the 5th Annual General Meeting of the DSE PLC;
- To Receive and Adopt:
- The Board’s Report for the year ended 31st December 2020;
- The DSE Group Audited Financial Statements and Auditors’ Report for the year ended 31st December 2020;
- Fidelity Fund Audited Financial Statements and Auditors’ Report for the year ended 31st December 2020;
- To Approve Proposed Dividends for the year ended 31st December 2020;
- To Ratify Auditors’ Fees;
- Appointment of External Auditors for the year 2021;
- To Approve Directors’ Fees for the year ending 31st December 2021; and
- Any Other Business.
- In continual efforts to take precautionary measures against COVID-19 transmission and in compliance to Public Health Directives issued by the Government regarding public gatherings, Shareholders are encouraged to participate at the meeting online through Zoom via a link to be shared w.e.f. 21st June 2021.
- Shareholders wishing to participate at the meeting online, you are required to notify the Company Secretary from 21st June 2021 onwards, through telephone no. +255747536696 or the following email addresses so that you may be availed with a link to the meeting: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Shareholder wishing to attend the meeting physically will do so at their own costs, must observe the COVID-19 preventive procedures like wearing of masks, checking temperature, and observing social distancing. A member must also come with a copy of his/her Depository Receipt together with an identification card like voter’s card or employment card or passport, for identification.
- A Shareholder entitled to attend/participate and vote at the meeting and is unable to attend, can appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his/her behalf by submitting his/her proxy form to the Company Secretary at the DSE Offices not later than 14:00 hours on Tuesday 22nd June 2021. In case of corporate body, the proxy must be under its common seal.
- Apart from individuals, a Shareholder may appoint his/her Stockbroker, a DSE Non-Executive Director, a Custodian Bank, a Shares Registrar i.e., CSD & Registry Co. Ltd as his/her proxy. Shareholders are encouraged to use proxies.
- Annual Reports for the year 2020 and copies of the proxy forms will be available at the DSE Offices situated at 3rd Floor, Kambarage House, Ufukoni Street, Dar es Salaam as well as the Licensed Dealing Members of the DSE (Stockbrokers) effectively from Monday 14th June 2021.
- The Register Closing date for determining shareholders entitled to vote will be Monday 21st June 2021.
Mary Stephen Mniwasa
1st June 2021