EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The CSD & Registry Company Limited (CSDR) is a private limited Company licensed by the Capital Markets and Securities Authority (CMSA) to conduct the Central Securities Depository business in Tanzania. The CSDR is wholly owned by the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE).
The principal activity of the CSDR is, among others, to provide automated clearing, delivery and settlement facilities in respect of transactions carried out at the DSE as well as to provide Registry Services to listed and non-listed companies.
In order to enhance its Central Securities Depository (CSD) operations department, the CSDR is looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the position of Manager, CSD Operations and thus inviting applications as per details below:
The Manager, CSD Operations will be reporting to the Managing Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The CSDR is looking for a qualified Manager, CSD Operations to oversee the smooth running of the CSD Operations department within the limits of the operational guidelines of the company. The job entails hands on operations of managing CSD applications resulting to extended working hours on CSD systems. In particular, the position holder will be required to:
- To oversee the operation of the CSD including authorization of investors’ accounts opening; depositing of securities in investors’ accounts; clearing and settlement processing; updating securities registers as requested by issuers; production of securities’ balance statements for investors; creation and release of securities mortgages by CSD Participants; and corporate action events like allotment of securities as a result of public offers, rights issues, scrip dividend & bonus issues.
- To oversee the operation of updating of securities holdings in the CSD accounts as a result of securities trading.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal controls and CSD Regulatory framework.
- Manage CSD client relationships - answers all queries from CSD clients and ensure timely delivery of services.
- Oversee the CSD team and ensure efficient delivery of CSD services and cost minimization.
- Manage the relationships with CSD Members, Issuers and Registrars.
- To review work performance of CSD Operations staff including appraisal, training and welfare in line with organizational objectives.
- In coordination with the Legal Counsel to carry out on-going assessment of the effectiveness of the CSD rules and procedures with the aim of improving the efficiency of operations.
- To work with other Managers at the CSDR to ensure implementation of the approved work plans.
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time
Holder of a Postgraduate Diploma or Master degree in one of these areas: business information systems, information technology, business administration or equivalent qualification with at least five (5) years of relevant experience in a senior level in a reputable institution preferably a regulated financial institution. Holders of non-computing degree shall in addition have an extensive working experience in a user environment supported by a mission critical financial application system. Qualifications in CMSA or DSE approved certifications will be an added advantage
Attractive remuneration package will be offered as per the CSDR pay structure.
Mode of Application
All interested candidates are required to apply by attaching to their application: current curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates and transcripts, full addresses including contact phone number, email address and two reference letters from referees who can testify to the applicant academic abilities, working experience and character.
Applications should be sent to:
Interim Managing Director,
CSD & Registry Company Limited,
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street,
P. O. Box 70081
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for applications is on 11th June 2018 at 4.00 p.m. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.