EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The CSD & Registry Company Limited (CSDR) is a private limited Company licensed by the Capital Markets and Securities Authority (CMSA) to conduct the Central Securities Depository business in Tanzania. The CSDR is wholly owned by the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE).
The principal activity of the CSDR is, among others, to provide automated clearing, delivery and settlement facilities in respect of transactions carried out at the DSE as well as to provide Registry Services to listed and non-listed companies.
In order to enhance its Registry Services department, the CSDR is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Registry Services Officer and thus inviting applications as per details below:
The Registry Services Officer will be reporting to the Registry Services Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The CSDR is looking for a qualified Registry Services Officer to assist the Registry Services Manager in the smooth running of the Registry Services department within the limits of the operational guidelines of the company. In particular, the position holder will be required to:
- To provide monthly register reports or at any time when required by issuers.
- To update Issuers on the list of shareholders entitled to receive dividends.
- To calculate dividend entitlements for each shareholder and thereafter make payments to shareholders.
- To communicate with Issuers as well as to oversee the process of dealing with shareholders queries
- To maintain unpaid dividends and thereafter oversee the process of making payments to shareholders upon submission of shareholder’s bank details.
- To provide statements of accounts and reconciliation report of dividend bank accounts to the company subscribed to the service.
- To assess and ensure that the performance of Registry System and its related applications meet the accepted performance parameters.
- To work with Manager Registry Services to ensure implementation of the approved work plans.
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Manager Registry Services and other Managers from time to time.
Holder of advanced diploma or first degree in one of these areas: computer science, information technology, business information systems, accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent qualification with at least two years post qualifying working experience in operational area of a reputable institution preferably a regulated financial institution.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered as per the CSDR pay structure.
Mode of Application
All interested candidates are required to apply by attaching to their application: current curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates and transcripts, full addresses including contact phone number, email address and two reference letters from referees who can testify to the applicant academic abilities, working experience and character.
Applications should be sent to:
Interim Managing Director,
CSD & Registry Company Limited,
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street,
P. O. Box 70081
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for applications is on 6th April 2018 at 4.00 p.m. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.