BOARD DIRECTORSHIP POSITIONS
The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE PLC) is a company established in 1996 as a company limited by guarantee. As part of its governance, strategic and operational improvement, in June 2015 the DSE PLC was Demutualised.
The DSE PLC is looking for persons with competence, knowledge and experience in corporate governance practices, financial markets and a clean track record to serve in its Board of Directors as representatives of the Individual Shareholders Clusters. The Board Member will be responsible to shareholders and responsible to relevant DSE PLC stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set and maintain DSE PLC vision, mission, objectives and values;
- Develop and monitor DSE PLC strategic plans and structures;
- Ensure compliance to good corporate governance practices;
- Ensure that there is accountability and compliance to law by the DSE PLC;
- Maintain proper strategic oversight for DSE PLC operations;
- Promote DSE PLC strategic objectives;
- Select, advise and support the Chief Executive; and
- Maintain effective board performance.
An applicant should be:
- A shareholder or representative of shareholder(s) of DSE PLC; committed and possesses personal qualities to make substantive active contributions to Board deliberations.
- A holder of at least the first degree in either economics, banking, accounting, finance or law; Coupled with extensive professional experience in leading and managing businesses.
- Proven track record in policy making or influencing policies and good corporate governance practices.
- Highest moral and ethical character, coupled with business acumen.
- Without any criminal record or history of bankruptcy.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are required to apply as follows:
- An application letter detailing their suitability for the position.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certified copies of relevant certificates.
Application should be sent to:
Secretary to the DSE PLC Board of Directors
P. O. Box 70081
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deadline for applications is on 19th August 2016 at 2.00 p.m. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.